Thursday, May 24, 2007

Frog

I'll never forget the time that I was relaxing in my swamp,
It was a beautiful sunny day and the birds were chirping and I could here the sound of children playing in the distance.
It was a glorious day to be alive.
I always felt safe in my swamp, this is where I was born and this is where I shall stay...don't get me wrong, I've been to other swamps. I would even go so far as to say that I have been to some really nice swamps but none of them were home. They were all missing something, maybe they were missing my favorite log...oh, how I do love to sit on my log in the swamp...it reminds me of a simpler time. Why, it feels like only yesterday I was just a little tadpole. Heh, my how I've grown. Time moves on and so did the day. The sun went down and the sounds of the children disappeared into the night and was replaced by the sound of mosquitoes and crickets. MMMMM, this started to make me hungry. I do love a good cricket. I don't know what I enjoy more, the taste of the cricket or the chase. You see, crickets are quick and they can hop like there's no tomorrow...but, they are not as quick as me. I have never met a cricket that could out hop me...I'm not saying it can't be done...as a matter of fact, I am looking forward to the cricket that does beat me. I will become friends with that cricket...and if he doesn't have a name, I will call him Buzzy McFuzzy. I will call him that because it rhymes and I love to rhyme, I do it all the time.
I think I got a little off track...so the day turned into night. I made my way up the vegetation and looked for something tasty to eat...because at this point I was starving and I could hear dinner, I just couldn't see it. So I climbed and I climbed. I was looking for a good view of what would be my dinner, then I saw you looking at me, and then I no longer felt safe in my home.

(Frog: Story and Painting by Anthony Previti 5/07)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home