Thursday, April 05, 2007

Oh what fun it is to ride-



"Get ready for your first glimpse of INDIANA JONES 4 this November as George Lucas has confirmed that the film's teaser trailer will hit theaters during the Thanksgiving weekend. As of now the only films in that time frame that make sense are Paramount's BEOWULF and Disney's ENCHANTED. Other teases that Lucas threw in while talking INDY is that one of the top-secret filming locations includes a waterfall, they're still in talks with Sean Connery to return as Henry Jones and they're hoping to keep the title of the film a secret until the trailer premieres. Good luck! I have to say that he did a pretty good job with the STAR WARS prequels keeping the title under wraps so if anyone can do it, George and Spielberg can. Filming on INDIANA JONES 4 begins this June with Cate Blanchett and Ray Winstone confirmed to star alongside Harrison Ford."

Fun...I can't wait. I hope they get Sean Connery I thought that he was a great addition to the cast of characters. Last Crusade is still my favorite one. Although, Raiders is a classic and is AWESOME...so it is a close race between the two.

In other fun news, it's been announced that Rhythm & Hues Studios are to be responsible for the look of the titular superhero in the upcoming THE INCREDIBLE HULK movie. The studio is looking to give the big green a whole new look...

Since Dominic Purcell apparently cleared up rumours of his casting, who will play the Hulk is still up in the air, but the movie will be directed by Louis Leterrier (TRANSPORTER II) from a script by Zak Penn (X-MEN: THE LAST STAND). Production is set to begin in June, in Toronto. Rhythm & Hues have been responsible for THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA, NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM and are currently working on EVAN ALMIGHTY.

I hope Zak Penn doesn't ruin the hulk! I am still disappointed in his writing in X-Men: The last stand...so I hope he doesn't ruin the Hulk because even though the Ang Lee Hulk movie got a bad wrap, I still thoroughly enjoyed it! I can't wait for this sequel! So, Zak, take your time and write a good movie please, thank you!



8 Comments:

Blogger Luvcroft said...

Actually,

I liked X3, especially the story, that, I felt, took a lot of risks.

So go Penn Go!

As for Indy.... I cannot wait to see what Indiana Jones 4 has in store!

12:35 PM  
Blogger The Lost Son said...

UGH...if Zak Penn is writing it that means the Hulk will get killed in the 1st act and Wolverine will have to take over everything = X3 was awful.

I love that they got Cate Blanchett for IJ4...I love her.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

No, Lost son, don't be silly. What will happen is the Hulk is going to go into a rampage over something...and will start smashing the puny humans and cars and buidings and then Wolverine will approach him and say, "I love you." and then kill him!
hahahaha

4:24 PM  
Blogger The Lost Son said...

Then there will be stupid lines like "I hear you're quite the animal" and then the Hulk will lite a cigar next to a burning car.... and for no reason Angel will fly by because he served a purpose.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Luvcroft said...

And it will make a BAZILLION dollars with Marvel laughing themselves all the way to the bank while DC pisses itself trying to figure out how to capitalize on the success of superheroes and realizing that they have no idea how to use any one except for Superman or Batman....

And while TEEN WOLF gets remade with GIRL as the wolf!

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

5:21 PM  
Blogger The Lost Son said...

I've got to tell ya, I am or was really excited about a new Hulk movie. The last one (or first one) was but a shadow of how good it could have truly been. FX aside the movie was all over the place and the general audience was lost by the films story.

That said a new movie whether a remake or a somewhat sequel is a great idea. The Hulk is a great character and should more so than a lot of other characters have a movie to shine in, but this writer RUINED the X-films for me...

I don't care how much money X3 made the story was flat and it was a slap in the face if you actually cared about anyone other than Wolverine. I really hope the director works with this writer because my interest has gone WAAAAYYYY down now.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

"I don't care how much money X3 made the story was flat and it was a slap in the face if you actually cared about anyone other than Wolverine."

I agree.

I wouldn't say it ruined the X-men franchise for me...but I still think it was waaaay worse than the previous 2.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Luvcroft said...

I disagree.

I think X3 was a bold film. I had some problems with the plot, but not nearly as badly as you guys did.

I think X3 was a fine THIRD installment of the franchise. It wasn't what people expected and reflected the dire undertones that the X-Men concept suggests.

The director that is set to direct the Hulk sequel has stated that the script is fantastic.

Now the problem is, that if the script is "too smart" people won't like it (Hulk 1, Superman Returns). If its too action oriented (X3, Punisher) people will complain.

Its hard to botch this concept. He's big, gree, angry, and breaks stuff when he gets mad. He's the strongest one there is.

Follow those simple guidlines the film will be great!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home