Friday, March 30, 2007

The Simpsons...

Remember when the Simpsons were awesome? I know I do...here are some classic quotes:

Marge: Homer, is this how you pictured married life?
Homer: Yeah, pretty much, except we drove around in a van solving mysteries.

Homer: Marge? Since I'm not talking to Lisa, would you please ask her to pass me the syrup?
Marge: Dear, please pass your father the syrup, Lisa.
Lisa: Bart, tell Dad I will only pass the syrup if it won't be used on any meat product.
Bart: You dunkin' your sausages in that syrup homeboy?
Homer: Marge, tell Bart I just want to drink a nice glass of syrup like I do every morning.
Marge: Tell him yourself, you're ignoring Lisa, not Bart.
Homer: Bart, thank your mother for pointing that out.
Marge: Homer, you're not not-talking to me and secondly I heard what you said.
Homer: Lisa, tell your mother to get off my case.
Bart: Uhhh, dad, Lisa's the one you're not talking to.
Homer: Bart, go to your room!

Lawyer: Uh oh, we've drawn Judge Snyder.
Marge: Is that bad?
Lawyer: Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog...
Marge: You did?
Lawyer: well replace the word kinda with the word repeatedly and the word dog with son...

Bart: Dad, can I go to a rap concert? Tickets are 50 dollars.
Homer: Go to hell.
Bart: Ok, what if I paid for it myself?
Homer: Fine, go nuts
Bart: I love you dad.
Homer: I love you too Jerry.

Homer: Maaaaaaaaarge. It's uterUS not uterYOU.

Lisa: Dad, what's a muppet?
Homer: Well, it's not quite a mop, not quite a puppet... but man... ehehehehahahaehe... so to answer your question, I don't know.


ONE OF MY FAVS:

Marge: Homer, you had it set on whore!! Besides, I don't think women will like being shot in the face.
Homer's Reply: Women will like what I tell them to like.

5 Comments:

Blogger Luvcroft said...

I had a good freind of mine who wrote his thesis paper on why The Simpsons show went south.

He entitled it "The Death of an American Family".

He blamed it on Family Guy. That abysmal show's success directly effected how the Simpsons was written. Apparantly (he theorized) you could see a direct change toward Family Guy's sense (or lack there of) humor.

His conclusion was that although he liked Family Guy, The Simpsons were superior and different. He felt that the Simpsons' humor was far different and only worked with them. Family Guy's humor works only on itself.

Man, I hope he got an A.

Those quotes were hilarious...

"Oh sure Lisa, like there's some sort of mythical animal where both pork chops AND bacon comes from..."

9:44 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

I disagree with your friend...I like family guy and I like The Simpsons, however, The Simpsons started going down hill way before Family Guy even came out!

It is in my opinion that the Simpsons season 1 and 2 are ok...that is where they were trying to find their nitch. Well, they found it and they were great from seasons 3-6...(maybe eight)...however, seasons 9-16...nope, no good. I think Family Guy came out around season 11.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Luvcroft said...

Oh. Well this buddy of mine liked most of the Simpsons seasons until he saw some similar gags to Family Guy being used.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

your buddy should get a brain.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Luvcroft said...

and YOU should read your flippin e-mails! I sent you some things and you haven't responded yet!

jerk

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home