Thursday, December 21, 2006

What matters to me?

As the holiday gets closer and closer I am forced to think about what matter most to me...well, I guess I am not forced but I must admit that I do think about it...the answer is always the same, as cliched as it sounds, "family and friends." Honestly, I always cared about my family but I never thought about it, you know? I just cared...bottom line. Why would I need to think about it. However, I remember when I moved to Seattle and it was literally the second I crossed the border into WA state that I found out that my father had a stroke. I started crying instantly...I couldn't help it. I mean I have always beeen a sensative man but I wasn't ready for that kind of news. When I have feelings for someone, whether it be friends or family they (the feelings) are very strong...the people that are in my life mean the world to me. However, it was that incident that brought a lot things into my mind. It made a lot of things clear...
a) I don't love my family because I have to. I love them for who they are.
b) I am thankful that they are in my life.

Now onto friends...I honestly believe that I have some superfriends...we are like a team. Jerry-Superman (he has to be)
I would be Batman (because I am so dark, mysterious and brooding)
Sean-Aqauman (because sean has a hook for a hand)
Liz-Wonderwoman because she is tall and sexy.

And then I have all my other friends that are cool too but they don't read my blog so why bother mentioning them, you know?

In other news:

I volunteered a little time this week to help out with a good cause. It was Spare Change (proceeds help the homeless) and I did it to help my friend that was doing it but after I did it and I thought about it, I felt great. I think I would like to volunteer more time to great causes. It's a nice way to spend your time instead of watching the boob tube or whatever...I don't know, that's just my opinion.

In other other news:

I am almost done Christmas shopping! I just have to buy a 50 dollar grab gift and I have to go shopping for my lady friend. I know most of what I am going to get her so it should't be too hard!

IN MORE IMPORTANT NEWS:

I have some friends coming home from other states and I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Lost Son said...

You're such a nice man.....


LOL aquaman...he he

1:57 PM  
Blogger Luvcroft said...

Y'know...

At first I was very angry that you said I would be Aquaman.

Then I looked down and realized I DO HAVE A HOOK FOR A HAND!!!!

How long have I had this? and Why didn't you let me know earlier!??

3:19 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

I love Aquaman and I love you...
I think he's cool looking (when he has long, hair, and a hook).

I didn't want to mention your hook because I didn't know if you were self-conscience...and now that I know that you didn't know...I just feel plum awful...

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home