Monday, July 10, 2006

Hollywoodland...

I am so excited about this movie...that sometimes I feel like I am going to explode...however, I am disappointed and annoyed a tad. Let me explain. As you may or may not know, Hollywoodland is about the controversy that surrounds the apparent suicide of George Reeves, the actor that played Superman in the Old TV show. It would appear that George didn't kill himself, in fact he was...MURDERED!!!! I love the cinemotgraphy of this film. It is shot very noirish...it looks like, to me, an old pulp movie or something. It looks FANTASTIC. Now, what annoys me about it...I was just reading some info on it and it would appear that the film makers wanted to use the S shield (Superman's S to the lay person... \S/ ...) but warner brothers and DC comics wouldn't allow it. COME ON!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SO LAME!!!!!!!!!!! I understand that the movie is being made by focus features and not WB but give me a break...it's not going to be in any competition with WB or DC comics...if anything it might help. Then the other thing that bothered me is with more research it would appear that the film makers also wanted to use the original opening to the old tv show but guess what, they weren't allowed...I think it was DC and WB stepping in the way. What are they trying to hide? It's ridiculous. Still though, I am very excited about the movie and I cannot wait to see it. I hope that it is good because it looks like the kind of movie that I would like to own one day. That is all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Luvcroft said...

It does look AWESOME...

I think Adrien Brody is a fantastic actor and should do more Film Noir. He has that look.

I am very excited about this film as well.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home