Tuesday, February 28, 2006

return of the jedi

Here is the original ending to Return of the Jedi. Here is what Anakin would have looked like as an old man. Boy, he sure is a happy dead guy. Well I suppose thats because Luke turned him away from the dark side. Plus he is hanging out with his best buddies Yoda and Ben. You know, it actaully doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you think about. I don't think I ever truly saw him getting along with Ben or Yoda in Episodes 1-3. The way they are portrayed, I wouldn't say they were friendly at all but they are from a different galaxy so maybe their idea of friendship is different than mine. You would never hear me say to Liz, (in a whiney voice) "Jerry's holding me back!!!!" Which is what Anakin says about Ben. However, back to the photo. When you look at Anakin here it looks like he is thinking, "oh thank god Luke found me and saved me." I think that's pretty nice.
However when you look at the new ending it completely changes Anakin. Now he is a young boy with a weird smirk on his face. So now it looks like he is thinking one of two things. Well first off he cleary not thinking oh thank god luke found and saved me. It's actually more of a menacing smirk as if he's thinking, "MMM MMM MMM my son has a sweet ass. I woulnd't mind gnawing on that thing for awhile." OR . . . or he's thinking, "Luke is so dumb, he fell for the oldest trick in the book because now that I am a ghost I am even more powerful than anyone could imagine." Which I suppose would make sense since after a new hope Obi-wan got stronger once he was killed so maybe that was Vaders plan. To die and take over the galaxy as a ghost. What do you think? Let me know.

4 Comments:

Blogger Luvcroft said...

What do I think??

I think that Star Wars is LAME.

But I do cede that I am in the minority on this one.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

indeed. luvcrap30 . . . hahahaha do you see what I did there? huh? do you see? I changed your name into poopy!!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Luvcroft said...

That's amaz-za-zing!

I am utterly crushed by your linguistic might....Jer-SMELL78!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

8:23 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

I love box. But lets keep it clean, shall we?

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home